Why Charter with Capt. Buddy?
THE TOP 10 REASONS :
1. Capt. Buddy grew up on Martha's Vineyard and his Wampanoag heritage serves him well with a long history of fishing & whaling traditions, it is "in his blood" to be able to find BIG FISH.
2. Again, being born and raised on the Vineyard, the water is his domain. Capt. Buddy knows the fishing grounds and the fish's comings and goings like you would know your own backyard.
3. Location, location, location! Homeport is situated at the most convenient spot, you are within minutes to the most productive fishing grounds.
4. Capt. Buddy has a major connection for Herring (live bait), which he calls "Bass Candy." The success rate for catching the big bass when using Herring is incredible.
(Read about the "Herring Connection" from the Wampanoag Heritage page)
5. Onboard the Tomahawk, a 35' fishing machine, you will get maximum time for fishing and not just "going for boat ride."
6. Having a fast, seaworthy offshore boat can get you to fishing grounds as far as the canyons for offshore big game, when most of the other boats can't make round trip without losing sleep.
7. When all the celebrities want to fish on the Tomahawk, Capt. Buddy (known as the "Guide to the Stars") must be doing something right!
8. Capt. Vanderhoop has fished the waters of Martha's Vineyard longer than any other charter captain, and has won more tournaments than any guides on the island.
9. The Tomahawk is equipped with state-of-the-art instruments and top-shelf fishing tackle.
10. Perhaps the most important reason of all - Having a Fun and Safe Trip! The Tomahawk has a great stereo system... with your favorite music playing in the background, big fish & tight lines, it can't get any better... just leave the rest to the captain who has more than 40 years experienced on the water.